Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Speech Proposal

In accordance to my last post, I actually switched my brand to a more local place that I am familiar with. I chose Green Mill, which is a local restaurant and bar that originated in St. Paul, Minnesota. It has a large emphasis on pizza, especially deep dish pizzas because after they traveled to Chicago, they loved the cheesy sensation. Green Mill is close to me because I have worked there for the past two years and I am very familiar with their events and promotions. By analyzing the company's visuals, it is clear they have an emphasis on trying to persuade customers into coming into their restaurant and being satisfied by their promotions.
The thesis of my speech will be along the lines that "Green Mill emphasizes on the use of pathos in their advertisements to create a satisfying and persuasive enviroment for their customers and potential customers." Throughout my speech, I will use different visuals to help back up my thesis that the use of pathos helps encourage customers to use the promotions that Green Mill is providing. I will give specific details as to how the certain advertisement is persuading them. The advertisements that I will possibly use would be an article based on Green Mill, two advertisements for their promotions, as well as a radio commercial. By using these resources, it will create the idea that Green Mill makes the customers want to feel welcomed and coming back by the special deals they have for celebratory days including Easter, Father's Day, and Graduation.
Because of the speech I will inform the class about, I want the audience to take away that different advertisements are appealing in different senses, and that the Green Mill advertisements really only use the effect of pathos because it is a restaurant. They are trying to make the food and drink specials sound appetizing to their customers to draw them in. From the beginning of the essay I will include background information to make myself more credible and reliable and then I will go into detail about the effects of the advertisements. By providing this speech, it will allow the audience to take away the different uses of pathos in advertisements and how it works for this specific business.

No comments:

Post a Comment