Monday, September 7, 2015

Two Quotations

During my junior year of high school, I had to write a report on a book I had just previously read. To prove one of my points, I included a quote from the book for backup knowledge. "When I was a little kid I thought like a little kid, but now I'm five I know everything.”  This quote was used right away at the beginning of the paragraph and I later explained how this little boy had been trapped in a room for so long and suddenly at such a young age had become so aware of the outside world. It fit in well with the purpose because I was explaining the hardships that this little boy has and how much has grown from it.
 
Another quote I used using MLA format was used in an informational article about John F. Kennedy. The quote was "the freedoms for which our forefathers died.” I explained this quote in my essay because it was showing how many people had sacrificed their lives for our country and the way Kennedy had ran our country. The essay was very informative in a way that explained the hardships as well that the men sacrificing our country went through and how Kennedy was opinionated about the situations.
 
Both citations were used in a similar way among my pieces of writing. The first was used to introduce a paragraph in which I later explained how that quote was relevant. The second quote was used in the middle of a paragraph when I was helping back up an idea that I previously had.

No comments:

Post a Comment