Thursday, September 24, 2015

Conference Review

I thought that the conference was very helpful. I was a little confused with the piece of writing and differences between academic and non-academic writing. Being able to be face to face was easier for me so if any questions came up, I would be able to ask immediately. Being that I had two meetings, I was really able to connect with the paper and realize what we were writing about.

I think that we should keep having face to face conferences so that we can read the comments that are on the paper, and then get more in depth when we meet in person about what needs to be fixed. One thing that may be beneficial would be e-mailing us students the paper with your comments so that we can try to edit it and fix the mistakes before we come for the conference. That way you can critique us one last time with our fixed errors from the rough draft.

I also have had conferences with other professors from other classes and I find it very beneficial to be able to go one on one with the teacher so that I can get immediate help. We should definitely keep doing the personal conferences. I wouldn't like the idea of group conferences because I wouldn't want to be called out on my mistakes in front of the whole group.

No comments:

Post a Comment